At The Hart Centre we are a team of Psychologists passionate about relationships and professional excellence in our field.
Established by Psychologist, Julie Hart, our counselling group are all Psychologists and Sex Therapists. We have been in operation for 20 years and have 78 Associates across Australia; in Brisbane, Sydney, Melbourne, Adelaide, Perth, Wollongong, Wodonga, Central Coast, Gold Coast, Sunshine Coast and Townsville.
Our mission is to be the most highly regarded relationship help service in Australia, by delivering the highest quality relationship counselling to educate clients and enhance their relationships.
We have our own Initial In-house relationship counselling training program, including Terry Real Relational Life Therapy Online Training Level 1 and annual In-house conferences, with world class speakers (see below for our speakers) and share our huge body of resources with all our members. We are also constantly seeking best practice methodologies.
Our business model is built on a Win/Win/Win formula. We care about our psychologists and our clients, and are always open to feedback and suggestions from our group that help improve and streamline our processes, services and conferences.
With a very high therapeutic success rate, combined with an effective marketing plan, we are experiencing huge demand and growth and are currently still expanding in Australia.
We are looking for Psychologists interested in relationship work, who are already in private practice in centres around Australia, to join our team via our Associate Program, as an adjunct to their current practice.
OUR LAST 5 YEAR’S CONFERENCES:
2018 – Janis Abrahms Spring (US) – “Secrets, Cybersex, Infidelity & Forgiveness” – Hobart
2017 – Terry Real (US) – “Couples on the Brink & Treating Narcissistic partners” – Hawaii
2016 – Robert Masters (US) – “Transformation through Intimacy” – Gold Coast
2015 – David Wexler (US) - “Understanding Male Psychology” – Sydney
2014 – Jennifer Fitzgerald (Aus) – “EFT: Essential Theory & Practice” – Brisbane
(Your Annual membership gives you free attendance and meals at our conference each year)
- enjoy couples work
- are already in Private practice
- would like to be trained, supervised, and supported in relationship methodologies by an experienced relationship Psychologist (optional)
- would like to have new client bookings made straight into your calendar
- would love to have a friendly collegial Australia-wide group of relationship psychologists to network with
- would like to attend cutting edge In-house conferences with world class speakers
- would like to have access to a huge body of shared resources
- would be thrilled about our reasonable joining fee and $360 annual fee (which includes your attendance at our conference)
Our Associate Psychologist Program Includes:
Initial Training: Relationship Therapy Methodologies.
- Module 1 – Overview
- 5 Stage Model of Relationship Development
- Attachment Theory & Interventions
- Attachment Questionnaire
- Bowen Family Systems Theory
- Differentiation Questionnaire
- Module 2 – Clean-Up Issues: Psychological Conditions, Self medication, Verbal Abuse
- Clean-Up Issues checklist
- The Agreement
- Module 3 – Power and Control struggles
- Controlling partner
- Controlling partner – Identification and therapeutic interventions
- Self Esteem and boundaries
- Self Esteem and Boundaries Questionnaire
- Module 4 – Imbalances
- Reciprocal functioning -Interpersonal Dynamics, polarities and disowned selves
- Masculine & Feminine Differences
- Module 5 – Childhood Issues
- Core Negative Image
- Module 6 – Communication
- Communication Blocks
- Winning Communication strategies
- Speaker & Listener continuums for levels of Differentiation
- Module 7 – Sex
- Spicing up your love life
- Sexual Inhibitors of Desire & Arousal
- Module 8 – Romance and Enrichment
- How to keep love alive
- The 5 love languages
- Module 9 – Bringing it all together
- Client Diagnostic Screening
- The Hart Centre Relationship Counselling Methodology
- Pitfalls to avoid in couples therapy
- Module 10 – Situation Specific
- Pre-marriage Insight Program
- Recovering from an affair
- Recovering from a break up
Terry Real Relational Life Therapy Online Training Level 1
- Module 1 – Introduction to Relational Life Therapy
- The RLT phases, and how RLT differs from traditional therapy
- To understand the RLT view of power imbalances in couples, of psychological patriarchy, and how these are addressed through therapy
- To describe the role and approach of the therapist in RLT
- Module 2 – Relational Mindfulness
- Understand the practice of Relational Mindfulness
- Explain the “fight, flight, or fix” responses to the “whoosh” of the first consciousness
- Understand the functions of the three aspects of the psyche
- Module 3 – Data Gathering and the Seven Lenses (1-4)
- List the seven lenses
- Explain the role of data gathering
- Understand how preconditions are addressed in RLT
- Differentiate the various losing strategies clients employ
- Explain the difference between blatant and latent stances
- Module 4 – Data Gathering and the Seven Lenses (5-7)
- Understand “stance, stance, dance”
- Explain the relational grid and track losing strategies against it
- Explain the two kinds of boundaries
- Understand the major family of origin roles and how they play with stances
- Understand effective approaches to working with grandiose women as well as grandiose men
- Module 5 – Finding Leverage
- Understand some common therapeutic mistakes
- Describe the kinds of grandiosity, and contrast it to shame
- Understand the concept of leverage and how to use it
- Describe strategies for latent people
- Understand that RLT requires that the latent person be a “relational champion” in therapy
- Module 6 – Reconnecting
- Understand the concept of “reconnecting”
- Recognize three therapeutic roles
- Appreciate the heroism of RLT work
Members Only Resources
Access to the Hart Centre collective resources in the Members Only section of the website, and Members Discussion Forums.
Conferences/ PD Events
2 day In-house Conference once a year at various locations in Australia and around the world.
Our conferences include guest speakers in the field, latest reviews, updates, discussion of best practice methodologies, problems areas, new methodologies and celebration of successful outcomes; truly an enjoyable way to learn, connect, enjoy, and be supported, validated and inspired.
This includes all website and other marketing.
You and your practice will be featured on The Hart Centre Website.
Phone answering and Appointment Setting:
Our Head Office on the Gold Coast takes all enquiries and makes initial appointments for you directly into a Google Calendar. An immediate email is sent to you and your new client welcoming them, and giving them all of your details.
We charge clients non-refundable booking fees, and cancellation fees are charged with insufficient notice, resulting in excellent attendance rates. When cancellation fees are charged, they are credited to you in your monthly invoice.
If you are interested in discussing our Associate Program in more detail, please call us on 1300 830552, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
“I have been an Associate with the Hart Centre since 2013. Since then I have had countless opportunities to experience first-hand the professionalism, efficiency and most importantly the humanistic ethos of the Hart Centre. Over time it has become evident to me that the unwritten but underpinning slogan is 'people first', something I truly cherish about the organization. In my several dealings with Julie, as an Associate, I have come to the view that this humanistic ethos is her personal imprint. I think she has done a sterling job of bringing it into the Organization and instilling it in her staff and team of Associates.
As a Psychologist, the Hart Centre has contributed to my Continuing Professional Development through a wealth of resources and through the fabulous annual conference it holds. The organisation of these annual conferences has been flawless. The venues have been fantastic. The research that always goes into selecting the Conference topics and the overseas and local experts who present at our conferences is always so thorough. In this regard the Hart Centre is very empowering in that it is highly consultative with its Associates, by inviting their comments and suggestions. The Hart Centre has also given me the opportunity to network with and be a part of an outstanding group of professional colleagues, who I feel so privileged to be associated with.
In my experience, the administrative arm of the Hart Centre is as professional, smooth, efficient and effective as its Service Delivery arm. The staff are simply awesome. They have always looked for ways and means to support me as best they can. Nothing has ever been a problem for them. They have always been only too happy to oblige”
“I have been an associate with the Hart Centre since its very early days and it has been a great asset to building my practice as a couples therapist. I have always found Julie Hart to be very fair in her business approach and the reception staff are supportive & responsive. It is great to be part of a larger network of couples counsellors and I have made some lovely connections over the years.The conferences are invariably really informative and the atmosphere relaxed and easy, with high quality speakers and useful topics addressed expanding my knowledge base and tool kit. I have seen the Hart Centre grow and flourish over the years and I can recommend the experience of being part of the team unreservedly.”
“I feel very much a part of The Hart Centre. I think that’s because the ladies reply to my emails quickly and get onto things - the staff are fantastic! I don’t feel isolated at all but rather part of the family, one of the many cogs in the HC.
Peer supervision is very useful and helpful in becoming an expert in the couples counselling field, reducing isolation in private practice, and helping in accruing active CPD (Compulsory Professional Development) points. I also find the peer supervision really good in that it gives me others who work in this field to bounce ideas off and to learn from their wisdom and to share ideas and grow as a practitioner. I wish we could do it more often. The website is also full of great resources.
But the most important is that Julie is awesome in terms of her extensive knowledge, her ability to pull ideas together, being positive and encouraging in her interactions in supervision, her fantastic blogs on the website and her entrepreneurial abilities. She’s so proactive in seeking out opportunities for us and I feel so honoured that she does all this for the HC and associates. Go Julie!! I look forward to having a long and enjoyable association with the HC”.
“I love being an Associate with The Hart Centre. I feel that I am a part of a team and a network, and the ladies are extremely efficient in making the booking process smooth. The clients referred are high quality and have led to repeat sessions with each. For me, being an Associate has been a rewarding and valuable experience and I look forward to continuing the relationship”.
“As a Hart Associate, I have been extremely well supported in my professional practice through a responsible and client-focused referral process. Hart also maintains a website that is informative, user-friendly, and inviting. These qualities help to build client confidence and rapport from the outset. The Reception/Administration team at Hart also make communication an absolute pleasure, and navigate the complexities of scheduling with grace and efficiency. Their understanding and attention to detail is integral in enhancing my ability to focus on my role as therapist”.