Russell is friendly, compassionate and an experienced Psychologist/Relationship Counsellor. Russell became a Registered Psychologist in 2005, this is also the year he started work at Relationships Australia. Russell has an extensive background in couples counselling through work at Relationships Australia, IVFAustralia and private practice.
Australia’s leading expert marriage
and relationship psychologists.
We’ve helped over 10,000 couples
in crisis. Rebates available.
Registered Psychologist Sydney
BA (Psych); Grad Dip Psych; Grad Cert Psych Prac, M.Nursing; MClin Psych (in progress)
Hart Centre CertifiedRead more BOOK NOW
Russell completed Level I, II and III Certification training at The Gottman Institute in Seattle, USA. The Gottman Institute is world-renowned, having conducted intensive, long-term scientific studies into why marriages succeed or fail.
Russell also completed training in Emotion Focused Therapy (another evidence-based form of couples therapy). Russell completed training by Dr Leslie Greenberg (a Canadian Psychologist and one of the primary developers of Emotion Focused Therapy).
Russell also uses Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT), Mindfulness and Motivational Interviewing when he is helping individuals who have anxiety, depression or stress.
Russell works collaboratively with individuals and couples so that the sessions are tailored to meet the clients’ needs. He seeks to empower clients.
Particular areas that Russell is very experienced in:
- Individual and/or couples counselling to help people manage conflict using evidence-based strategies.
- Training in communication skills.
- Improving a couples’ friendship and connection. Increasing intimacy.
- Individual and/or couples counselling to help people cope with step-family dynamics.
- Helping to re-build trust after the disclosure of an affair.
- Individual and/or couples counselling to help people deal with infertility or sterility.
- Supporting clients who have experienced a miscarriage.
- Helping individuals to cope with separation/divorce. Grief and loss counselling.
- Counselling adult survivors of childhood abuse.
- Cancer counselling.
- Helping clients who have anxiety, depression or stress.
- Helping men who are struggling.
Are you feeling unhappy about your relationship? Are you arguing about the same issues and unable to reach a solution? On average people wait 6 years before seeking help with a relationship problem. The longer a problem persists, the greater the resentment builds towards your partner.
Seeking help can feel confronting. People are sometimes anxious because they don’t know what will happen in couples counselling. Russell knows that this can be a very difficult time. If you could use some support, Russell would like to help.
Russell provides face to face sessions in the Sydney CBD on Sundays. Russell can also provide Skype or Zoom sessions for on a Thursday, Friday, or Saturday. Eligible patients in rural and remote areas (Modified Monash Model areas 4-7) can now access Medicare rebates (with an appropriate referral) when the person has an individual session with a Psychologist via videoconference.Or to book an appointment, please call 1300 830 552