As a heart-centred psychologist, my main interest is intimate relationship satisfaction. I’m passionate about helping clients get to the heart of what really matters to them, and empowering them to build a relationship where they both feel loved, supported and a priority in each other’s life.
I’m fortunate to have received cutting-edge training from the preeminent world authorities on relationships, Prof. Susan Johnson, Prof. John Gottman and Dr. Julie Schwartz Gottman.
Early in my career, well before writing “Heart-Centered Parenting” (available on Amazon), I was a love and relationships columnist for a national magazine.
My couples’ consultations facilitate emotional connection and the longevity of love. While appreciating the uniqueness of each client, in terms of their feelings, concerns, needs, priorities, background and personality, my comprehensive knowledge of the complexity of relationships helps cultivate the intimate environment clients yearn for.
I can help couples:
- Identify interaction patterns that lead to distress
- Communicate in ways that emotionally connect them
- Manage conflict and problem-solve in a productive manner
- State needs clearly
- Work through unresolved issues
- Negotiate change
- Repair emotional wounds after betrayal, abuse or emotional neglect
I can help individuals:
- Change self-defeating thoughts and behaviours
- Clarify thoughts and emotions
- Explore the unrewarding aspects of their life and increase their sense of contentment
- Develop insight into what underpins their unfavourable reactions and behaviours
- Expand awareness, acceptance and compassion towards self and others
- Feel some relief if they’re in pain, or adapt to circumstances that are outside their control.
Clients can expect respect, compassion and a down-to-earth approach. Every consultation is aimed at deepening their emotional connection and developing a more satisfying involvement. When we improve the quality of our intimate relationship, we improve the quality of our life.