Karina is a Clinical Psychologist in Brisbane and has had 30 years’ experience working in psychological practice and with individuals and couples to overcome relationship difficulties and promote healthy and fulfilling relationships. She can work with you to constructively explore and disentangle threads and identify frustrating and self-defeating cycles that have been impacting upon your relationships.
In a warm, supportive and non-judgmental environment Karina can help to overcome communication struggles and painful interactions to assist in reconnecting with your partner as well as assist in gaining insight, develop strategies to manage relationship difficulties more effectively.
Working with you as an individual, she can help in the areas of: anxiety, trauma, grief and loss, addictions, depression, anger, stress management and self-esteem.
Karina has a flexible, down to earth and compassionate approach and is effective at getting to the cause of the problems and drawing on a range of evidence based interventions to assist in therapy. She draws on a number of therapeutic modalities including: Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, Schema Therapy, Acceptance and Commitment Therapy and Ego State Therapy frameworks. For over 20 years Karina has been using Hypnosis to assist in changing behaviour, symptoms, and attitudes for issues/problems.
She can help couples and individuals who:
- Feel resentment or anger building due to unresolved differences
- Experience chronic misunderstanding or confusion about their relationship
- Are in high conflict relationships
- Are in crisis
- Experience feelings of betrayal due to infidelity
- Experience emotional or verbal abuse
- Are dealing with a controlling spouse
- Feel traumatic relationship histories are impacting on their current relationships
- Feel lonely and hopeless about their future
- Are having difficulty communicating
Karina is a graduate of University of Sydney (NSW), Griffith University (Gold Coast, QLD) and Bond University (Gold Coast, QLD).She has worked in Mental Health, Corrections, Sexual Health, Employment Services and Work Rehabilitation companies. Karina has been in private practice for 24 years.