Over 20 years Dee has worked with several hundred couples. Her passion for coaching couples was ignited because so many people who came to see her for help with anxiety, stress or depression, were actually caught up in conflict with their partner or spouse and it became clear that if she could help couples build a safe and sound emotional life together then anxiety and depression were significantly decreased and often disappeared.
Hence over many years her role as a couples counsellor and coach has evolved to provide couples with the learnings, understandings and skills which teach them:
– how to soothe each other and keep loving feelings alive
– how to recognize the cry for reassurance from their spouse
– how to break the resentment cycle
– how to remove the threat of break up and loss of family and loved ones
– how to dissolve the pain of feeling unloved or unlovable
– how to express concerns and talk to each other without destructive ridicule & on-going criticism and conflict
Dee’s starting point is to create a safe place for each partner to begin expressing concerns in a non-threatening, non-judgmental, warm and friendly setting. Whether it be in person in her counselling rooms, by telephone or Skyping online you will feel heard and understood. The first session will put you at ease and help you take the initial steps towards sorting things out. Most often taking this first step starts to alleviate the overwhelming pain and you can see light at the end of the tunnel.
Dee also counsels in Anger management, Stress Management, Post Traumatic Stress Disorder, and Anxiety relief for individuals and utilises Mindfulness, Guided Relaxation and other mainstream therapeutic modalities.