Relationship Counselling Brisbane
Expert Relationship Counselling Brisbane
We are Brisbane’s leading couples counselling specialists
Our specialty is helping you when your relationship is in crisis.
Our relationships can be the most rewarding aspect of our lives, but there’s not a person alive who hasn’t experienced some difficulties in their relationship, and when your relationship is not going well, it can be very stressful.
Most of us try initially to solve our problems ourselves, but often, because we are IN our relationship, it’s not easy to take a bird’s eye view and see the whole picture; the dance that we have inadvertently got ourselves into. That’s where we can help.
We can help you quickly get to the core of your issues, and get started on a resolution that will ultimately lead you back to feeling in love again.
Couples counselling is a very specialized field of therapy, and that is why we choose our therapists very carefully and also have ongoing Inhouse training regularly.
Whether there’s been a critical incident in your relationship or your discontent has grown overtime, we can help.
We’ve spent the last 20+ years helping over 18,000 couples rediscover their happiness together after having lost their way, through effective relationship counselling.
Most relationship issues can be reasonably resolved when you know how, but insight and guidance is very important.
BENEFITS OF THE HART CENTRE
We pride ourselves on providing effective counselling to couples in crisis, and have been a leading psychology group for over 20+ years. We genuinely care about our clients, and are committed to continually improving.
If you’re looking for marriage counselling in Brisbane, we offer the following benefits:
- Brisbane’s leading marriage & relationship psychologists and sex therapists
- Multiple convenient locations across the greater Brisbane area
- Quick and confidential booking process – book with one call
- Professional psychologists and sex therapists with an average of 15+ years experience
- Our 100% Satisfaction Guarantee – rare in the counselling industry
- Specialists in marriage counselling, relationship counselling and sex therapy – not generalists
- Ongoing Hart training and development by world-class relationship experts
- Appointments available during business hours, after hours and weekends
- Rebates often available through private health
- 93% satisfaction rating from clients
If you’d like to read more about us, The Hart Centre has also been featured as Relationship Experts in ABC radio, Domain.com.au, Body and Soul, News.com.au, SelfGrowth.com, Australian Women’s Weekly, Essential Kids, Kidspot, The Courier Mail and more.
7 relationship warning signs
- You are fighting over the same issues all the time, or having escalating fights
- You are not able to air your issues, talk about them and resolve them
- There are more and more silences between you
- You are spending less time together
- You are thinking about developing an interest with someone outside of your relationship
- You are focusing more time on the kids than each other
- You are having little or no sex
Our counselling sessions
can help you
- Not feeling connected or close anymore
- Cheating, affairs and infidelity couples counselling Brisbane
- When one of you has more power, or say than the other
- Controlling and abusive relationships
- Not being able to communicate or listen effectively
- Feeling that you are not loved by your partner
- Feeling you are being taken for granted by your partner
- Your own problems that you know have come from your childhood
- Issues and difficulties with how you parent your children
- Handling your anger in a manageable way
- Sexual and intimacy issues
- Being addicted to porn or couples counselling Brisbane help
- How to integrate your step children and in-laws
- Checking on your relationship before you get married
- Handling someone who has many Narcissistic tendencies
The Hart approach to relationship counselling in Brisbane
Before coming to see a relationship psychologist for the first time, it’s natural to be nervous about what the psychologist might recommend. We pride ourselves in taking a very positive approach to our couples counselling.
We start with talking with you as individuals to gain a full understanding of each of your perspectives. Then we move to helping you understand with compassion, the dynamics underlying your problems. With you, we create a positive action plan, so that you can feel confident that you are making real progress. Rome wasn’t built in a day, and you will need more than one or two sessions, but you should see progress each session.
Read more about our approach to counselling in our relationship counselling sessions.
Some of our clinics also provide after hours and Saturday sessions for your convenience.
What is our marriage counselling success rate?
While every couple’s situation is different, feedback we have received from our clients is 93% have positively reported that they found counselling with our psychologists beneficial to their relationship.
We know that most couples want to find out the cause of their particular relationship problem, resolve them quickly, and then move onto bigger and better things, and that is what we focus on.
Under our expert guidance, you will gain a deeper understanding of your unique relationship difficulties and are given options and actions to help you become “unstuck” and move toward your relationship potential.
How do I choose the best therapist to help?
The choice of relationship therapist you make is important. It can help to keep in mind that relationship, marriage and couples counselling is a very specialised field. Relationship Counselling Brisbane.
At The Hart Centre, we ensure that all of our specialist relationship therapists take part in both our Initial training as well as our annual In-House conferences, where we bring in relationship and marriage experts to speak, from around the world. Marriage counselling Brisbane help assistance.
For you to get the best results from counselling as possible, there needs to be a combination of two elements. Firstly, the psychologist needs to be experienced and knowledgeable in the field of relationships; and secondly, a good ‘therapeutic relationship’ should be developed. This simply means that you and your partner feel supported and understood by the psychologist, and that you trust them.
To help you make this decision, on each of our psychologists’ profiles we include in-depth overviews of experience and qualifications, so you can feel comfortable with the psychologist you would be seeing, before booking an appointment.
How to book an appointment
To enquire or book a session with us, please phone 1300 830 552 or our Queensland number (07) 5636 1566 and our friendly receptionists will help you.
Couples Counselling and Marriage counselling sessions are 50 mins.
Cost: Ranging from $120 – $275 Private Health Insurance Rebates may apply.
THE MOST COMMON RELATIONSHIP PROBLEMS
Does it feel like your partner doesn’t listen to you?
Almost every couple who comes in to see us, feels that their partner doesn’t listen to them. And almost universally, then you do not want to listen to them either. So you are left with a lose-lose situation of mutual withholding where neither of your are getting what you want from the relationship.
Being able to speak and have your partner listen and respond empathically is essential to a good relationship. We can show you how to overcome this stuck pattern so you are back on track and into a win-win cycle again.
Unresolved conflict leads to a loss of love
Every couple has conflict because we are 2 different people, but it is important to be able to resolve the conflict that comes up in a reasonable time, and not let it go on, and simmer away for years. Relationship Counselling Brisbane psychologists.
Doing this leads to hidden resentments, which is the primary cause of a loss of love between you over time.
Perhaps you’ve been neglecting your relationship?
Its so easy to get busy with your life and all the other commitments you have and forget that your relationship is a living breathing thing that needs ongoing nurturing, in the way of time and energy in being together and fully engaging and having fun with each other.
If you have unwittingly allowed your relationship to go this way, we can help to get your relationship back on track.
An affair or betrayal can be devastating
When one partner chooses to look outside their relationship and develop another connection with someone, this causes a huge amount of pain for the partner whose agreement of monogamy has been betrayed.
It is an extremely difficult time, but with the help of a skilled psychologist, you can work through the issues involved and gradually, over time, grow into a better relationship than you had before.