In many business and medical arenas, skype meetings and consultations have become the norm for many people, allowing us to meet and talk with people just as effectively as we would with them in the same room, and without the time and effort of travelling, and the hassle of finding a carpark.
In the same way, Skype sessions are becoming increasingly popular with many couples who want relationship counselling, but are short on time, or perhaps prefer a relationship therapist who doesn’t practice near them.
Just as effective as Face to face sessions
Online/Skype counselling is a fast-growing area of our practice, and having run many hundreds of these types of skype sessions, we have found that they are equally as effective as face-to-face counselling
Is Online/Skype relationship counselling for you?
Online/Skype relationship counselling may be right for you if:
- You and your partner are short on time and want to economise on the total time spent in and travelling to and from your sessions
- You like the look and feel of a relationship psychologist who doesn’t practice anywhere near where you live or work
- You have children and don’t want the hassle of finding a babysitter for them for your sessions
- You want to stay in the comfort of your own home while working on your relationship – in effect we come to you
- You want to avoid unnecessary travelling
- You live in an area where there are no good relationship therapists
- You feel more comfortable talking about your private relationship matters in the privacy of your own home
Advantages of Online/Skype sessions:
– Online sessions allow you to choose your absolute best choice and most appropriate Psychologist for your particular issues, no matter where you live
– It is often easier to co-ordinate both you and your partner’s schedules if you are having your session at home.
– Often after-hours appointments are available
– You have the convenience of talking at home, which also saves you travel time.
– You can more easily manage your children rather than having to organize a babysitter.
– The most important consideration is that you need to be mindful that your room has privacy. Most people find that this is not difficult to manage. If you have children, make sure you have set them up in another room with things to keep them happy.
– When you are preparing for your couple’s session, make sure you sit side by side on a sofa or have your individual chairs set close together, then set up your computer screen so that both of you are visible on the screen at the same time.
– You will also need to set up skype on your computer. This is a very easy process which only takes a minute or two.
– It can also be helpful to ask your Psychologist for their phone number and also give them yours, at the beginning of the session, so on the very odd occasion that the connect drops out briefly, you have a way to stay in contact. This does not happen often, but it is best to be prepared.
If you have any further questions, please contact our friendly receptionists and they will be happy to assist you.
Finding the right psychologist for you
We have numerous psychologists who offer online relationship counselling in addition to face to face counselling sessions, and as our relationship therapists are psychologists, if either of you have other personal mental health concerns, we can help with those too.
Here are our psychologists who offer relationship counselling online. We trust you will find the one who best suits you.
In addition, our psychologist Christine offers online counselling for all sessions, and does not see clients in person. This allows us to have various sessions available to suit clients.
If you’re interested in reading more about Christine and the online counselling she offers, click here to see her profile.
Our Psychologists Offering Online Relationship Counselling: