RELATIONSHIP & MARRIAGE COUNSELLING PERTH
Expert Relationship Counselling Perth
We know you have found us in what must be an incredibly difficult time.
People don’t look for marriage or relationship counselling unless their relationship is in a difficult place, which can be emotional and stressful.
Our relationships form the basis of our lives, and the most important relationship of all is the one we have with our partner.
Most of us try initially to sort out our problems ourselves, but often, because we are IN our relationship, it’s not easy to take a bird’s eye view and see the whole picture; the dance that we have inadvertently got ourselves into. That’s where we can help.
We can help you quickly get to the core of your issues, and get started on a resolution that will ultimately lead you back to feeling in love again.
Relationship counselling is a very specialized field of therapy, and that is why we choose our therapists very carefully and also have ongoing Inhouse training regularly.
Whether there’s been a critical incident in your relationship or your discontent has grown overtime, we can help.
We’ve spent the last 20+ years helping over 18,000 couples rediscover their happiness together after having lost their way, through effective relationship counselling.
Most relationship issues can be reasonably resolved when you know how, but insight and guidance is very important.
Benefits of The Hart Centre
We pride ourselves on providing effective counselling to couples in crisis, and have been a leading psychology group for over 18+ years. We genuinely care about our clients, and are committed to continually improving.
If you’re looking for marriage counselling in Perth, we offer the following benefits:
- Perth’s leading marriage & relationship psychologists and sex therapists
- 13 convenient locations across the greater Perth area
- Quick and confidential booking process – book with one call
- Professional psychologists and sex therapists with an average of 15+ years experience
- Our 100% Satisfaction Guarantee – rare in the counselling industry
- Specialists in marriage counselling, relationship counselling and sex therapy – not generalists
- Ongoing Hart training and development by world-class relationship experts
- Appointments available during business hours, after hours and weekends
- Rebates often available through private health
- 93% satisfaction rating from clients
If you’d like to read more about us, The Hart Centre has also been featured as Relationship Experts in ABC radio, Domain.com.au, Body and Soul, News.com.au, SelfGrowth.com, Australian Women’s Weekly, Essential Kids, Kidspot, The Courier Mail and more.
7 relationship warning signs
- You are fighting over the same issues all the time, or having escalating fights
- You are not able to air your issues, talk about them and resolve them
- There are more and more silences between you
- You are spending less time together
- You are thinking about developing an interest with someone outside of your relationship
- You are focusing more time on the kids than each other
- You are having little or no sex
Our counselling sessions
can help you
- Lack of equality between you both relationship counselling perth
- Infidelity and affairs
- Loss of intimacy relationship counselling perth
- Controlling and abusive behaviour
- Reduced ability to communicate effectively
- A feeling that you’ve lost the love marriage counselling perth
- Feeling like you’re being taken for granted
- Your own problems that you know have come from your childhood
- Issues and difficulties with how you parent your children
- Anger management issues of any kind
- Any kind of sexual problems relationship counselling perth
- Problems with over use of pornography
- Difficulties with step children or inlaws marriage counselling perth
- Pre-marriage programs to prepare you well for marriage
- Issues with Narcissistic tendencies in either or both partners
The Hart approach to relationship counselling
Before coming to see a relationship psychologist for the first time, it’s natural to be nervous about what the psychologist might recommend. We pride ourselves in taking a very positive approach to our couples counselling. Providing relationship counselling Perth.
We start with talking with you as individuals to gain a full understanding of each of your perspectives. Then we move to helping you understand with compassion, the dynamics underlying your problems. With you, we create a positive action plan, so that you can feel confident that you are making real progress. Rome wasn’t built in a day, and you will need more than one or two sessions, but you should see progress each session.
Read more about our approach to counselling in our relationship counselling sessions.
Some of our clinics also provide after hours and Saturday sessions for your convenience.
What is our counselling success rate?
While every couple’s situation is different, feedback we have received from our clients is 93% have positively reported that they found counselling with our psychologists beneficial to their relationship.
We know that most couples want to find out the cause of their particular relationship problem, resolve them quickly, and then move onto bigger and better things, and that is what we focus on.
Under our expert guidance, you will gain a deeper understanding of your unique relationship difficulties and are given options and actions to help you become “unstuck” and move toward your relationship potential.
How do I choose the best psychologist to help?
The choice of relationship psychologist you make is important. It can help to keep in mind that relationship, marriage and couples counselling is a very specialised field of psychology.
At The Hart Centre, we ensure that all of our specialist relationship psychologists take part in both our Initial training as well as our annual In-House conferences, where we bring in relationship and marriage experts to speak, from around the world.
For you to get the best results from counselling as possible, there needs to be a combination of two elements. Firstly, the psychologist needs to be experienced and knowledgeable in the field of relationships; and secondly, a good ‘therapeutic relationship’ should be developed. This simply means that you and your partner feel supported and understood by the psychologist, and that you trust them.
To help you make this decision, on each of our psychologists’ profiles we include in-depth overviews of experience and qualifications, so you can feel comfortable with the psychologist you would be seeing, before booking an appointment.
How to book an appointment
Cost: Ranging from $150 – $250 Private Health Insurance Rebates may apply.
THE MOST COMMON RELATIONSHIP PROBLEMS
When relationship problems arise
No-on goes into a relationship planning on having problems, but when they start to go wrong, it can really impact the whole of our lives.
Many of us weren’t given a great role model for healthy relationships and this topic is not taught in schools, so most of us are trying to do our best with limited know- how on how to make our relationship better.
Most couples feel, when their relationship is struggling, that they can’t feel much of the love any more, and the connection they onced loved and valued so much, has wained. Others can feel that they have somehow lost themselves in their relationship, and don’t know who they are anymore.
And you can fall into the trap of pushing each others buttons, and not communicating in loving and effective ways, creating a negative cycle that is very difficult to extricate yourself from.
An affair or betrayal can be devastating
When one partner chooses to look outside their relationship and develop another connection with someone, this causes a huge amount of pain for the partner whose agreement of monogamy has been betrayed.
It is an extremely difficult time, but with the help of a skilled psychologist, you can work through the issues involved and gradually, over time, grow into a better relationship than you had before.
When neither of you are listening
Most couples find over time that their communication slips and becomes a problem. Most people want to speak and be really listened to, but when you are having relationship problems, most people complain that they feel their partner is not listening.
This, in turn usually means that they, themselves don’t feel inclined to listen to the other either, and so you usually end up with a very frustating lose-lose situation where both talk and no-one listens.
So learning how to express your honest thoughts and feelings in a way that your partner does truly listen is a crucial skill to learn if you want to be in a happy and fulfilling relationship. We can show you how that is done in simple ways .
Conflict left unresolved leads to a loss of love
Every couple has conflict because we are 2 different people, but it is important to be able to resolve the conflict that comes up in a reasonable time, and not let it go on, and simmer away for years.
Doing this leads to hidden resentments, which is the primary cause of a loss of love between you over time.