RELATIONSHIP & MARRIAGE COUNSELLING SYDNEY
Expert Relationship Counselling Sydney
We are Sydney’s leading couples counselling specialists
Helping you when your relationship is in crisis is our specialty.
Our relationships can be the most rewarding part of our lives, but there’s not a person alive who hasn’t experienced some difficulties in their relationship, and when your relationship is in trouble, it can lead to much distress.
Most of us try initially to sort out our problems ourselves, but often, because we are IN our relationship, it’s not easy to take a bird’s eye view and see the whole picture.
That’s where we can help.
We can help you quickly get to your core issues, and get started on a resolution that will ultimately lead you back to feeling in love again.
Couples counselling is a very specialized field of therapy, and that is why we choose our therapists very carefully and also have ongoing In-house training regularly.
Whether there’s been a large incident in your relationship or your discontent has grown overtime, we can help.
We’ve spent the last 20+ years helping over 18,000 couples rediscover their happiness together after having lost their way, through effective relationship counselling.
Most relationship issues can be reasonably resolved when you know how, but insight and guidance is very important.
Our relationship therapists know how to get to the very root of a relationship problem and will carefully guide you and your partner through the particular issues that are causing you trouble, to restore balance and harmony to your relationship once more.
Benefits of The Hart Centre
We pride ourselves on providing the most effective counselling to couples in crisis, and have been a leading therapy group for over 20+ years. We genuinely care about our clients, and are committed to continually improving.
If you’re looking for marriage counselling in Sydney, we offer the following benefits:
- Sydney’s leading marriage & relationship psychologists, counsellors and sex therapists
- 30+ convenient locations across the greater Sydney area
- Quick and confidential booking process – book with one call
- Professional psychologists, therapists and sex therapists with an average of 15+ years experience
- Our 100% Satisfaction Guarantee – rare in the counselling industry
- Specialists in marriage counselling, relationship counselling and sex therapy
- Ongoing Hart training and development by world-class relationship experts
- Appointments available during business hours, after hours and weekends
- Rebates often available through private health
- 93% satisfaction rating from clients
The Hart Centre has also been featured as Relationship Experts in ABC radio, Domain.com.au, Body and Soul, News.com.au, SelfGrowth.com, Australian Women’s Weekly, Essential Kids, Kidspot, The Courier Mail and more.
7 relationship warning signs
- You find yourselves constantly having the same arguments
- You find it difficult or scary to talk to your partner about your feelings
- You don’t talk as much as you used to, time together that used to be spent talking and laughing is now mostly spent in silence
- You spend less and less intimate time together
- You find yourself being drawn to people outside of your relationship
- You increasingly prioritize the kids over your partner
- Your sex life has all but vanished. Spontaneity and passion seem to be things of the past
Our counselling sessions
can help you
- If you feel distant and disconnected from your partner
- If you’re suffering through an infidelity help for marriage counselling sydney
- If there’s an imbalance of power that’s poisoning the relationship
- If you’re feeling abused or controlled in your relationship
- If you can’t seem to effectively communicate or listen to each other
- If you’re feeling unloved or neglected by your partner
- If you feel like you’re consistently being taken for granted
- If any previous childhood trauma is impacting your relationship
- If parenting your children seems impossibly difficult
- If you or your partner are suffering from anger issues
- If you’re experiencing problems with physical intimacy or sexual chemistry
- If you or your partner are experiencing porn addiction
- If you’re struggling to build a meaningful connection with step children or in-laws
- If you want to make sure your relationship is in great health before getting married
- If you’re dealing with a person with narcissistic qualities
Our unique approach to couples counselling
It takes courage and self awareness to seek professional help when your relationship is in crisis. When our clients come to us, it’s because they’re going through a very difficult time in their lives.
Love is the essential ingredient in any relationship, but most of us soon discover that love alone is not enough. There are times when love needs some high-level assistance and someone to point the way, and to explain why you are driving each other crazy, and what you can do about it.
Here at the Hart Centre in Sydney, we take a very positive approach to relationship counselling. From your very first session, we will take the time to get to the very root of the issues that are affecting your relationship, and fully understand your individual perspectives.
What is our counselling success rate?
It’s true that no two couples are the same, and each one will require a carefully customized approach when it comes to counselling. We’ve helped over 18,000 couples over the years and always get their feedback so we can improve and refine our service. Help for marriage counselling Sydney therapy.
The response from our clients has been overwhelmingly positive, with an average of 93% claiming that they have found counselling sessions with our trained psychologists and therapists to be helpful for their relationships.
We understand that a dysfunctional relationship can be very painful, and that couples are eager to resolve their issues quickly so that they can restore their personal happiness, so we make it our focus to deliver real results as soon as possible through our intensive sessions. Marriage counselling Sydney.
How do I choose the right therapist for my situation?
Because relationship counselling is such an intimate and specialized process, it’s crucial to find the right counsellor who’s a comfortable fit for both you and your partner.
At the Hart Centre, we make sure that all of our relationship psychologists and counsellors are appropriately trained and on top of the latest learnings from relationship and marriage experts around the world through our initial training programs and annual In-House Conferences. Relationship counselling Sydney.
We also provide our Satisfaction Guarantee; if after your first session you don’t feel your counsellor is a good fit, we’ll re-match you with a new counsellor and provide a complimentary next session.
Getting the most out of every counselling session depends primarily upon two factors:
- You should only seek help from a trained psychologist or counsellor who is both thoroughly experienced and highly knowledgeablein the field of relationship or marriage counselling.
- You are able to establish a positive ‘therapeutic relationship’ with your counsellor, so that both you and your partner feel safe and comfortable enough to trust your psychologist and discuss your innermost thoughts and feelings during your sessions.
To help you choose the counsellor that’s perfect for you, we provide detailed profiles for each of our therapists here in Sydney that include a full list of qualifications as well as in-depth overviews of their professional experience.
This allows you to confidently select the counsellor that best suits your personal situation before booking your appointment. Our team of helpful receptionists are also on hand to assist you every step of the way.
How to book an appointment
To enquire or book a session with us, please phone 1300 830 552 or our Sydney number (02) 5633 9271 and our friendly receptionists will help you.
Couples Counselling and Marriage counselling sessions are 50 mins
Cost: Ranging from $150 – $250 Private Health Insurance Rebates apply, and Medicare Rebates may apply.
THE MOST COMMON RELATIONSHIP PROBLEMS
DOES IT FEEL LIKE YOUR PARTNER DOESN’T LISTEN?
Effective communication is equal parts talking and listening. The talking part of the equation seems to come naturally to most of us, but effective listening is usually a bit more of a challenge. The trouble is that if you feel like your partner doesn’t listen to you, you’re less inclined to put in the effort required to listen to them in return. What follows is a vicious cycle of arguments that never seem to go anywhere because neither party is actually listening to the other, and the relationship suffers as a result.
Effective listening is a crucial part of any successful relationship. Without it, you’ll never be able to truly connect with each other and resolve issues amicably. One of the first things we teach our clients is how to effectively communicate with each other. We can show you how to escape the trap of “not-listening” that leads to so many unresolved conflicts.
IS YOUR RELATIONSHIP SUFFERING FROM NEGLECT?
In today’s fast paced world, life has become increasingly hectic and chaotic. Between looking after the kids, performing at work, supporting family members and running the household, modern couples in Sydney are under a tremendous amount of pressure. So it’s understandable that in the face of all these competing priorities, your intimate relationship with your partner can become an afterthought if you’re not careful. The fact is that relationships are like living things, and require care and attention in order to thrive.
If you feel as though your relationship has fallen off your priority list and is suffering as a result, we can help you breathe new life into it and reignite the spark of intimacy that was once so strong. Help for relationship counselling Sydney and marriage counselling Sydney.
THE DISASTROUS EFFECT OF UNRESOLVED CONFLICTS
There’s no such thing as a “perfect couple”. No matter how well suited two people are, there are always going to be some conflicts and differences of opinion that cause friction in the relationship. This is completely normal and unavoidable. The key is to know how to quickly and effectively resolve conflicts as they come up, rather than letting the issues fester over months and years, which can have serious consequences in the long run.
Failing to address and resolve conflicts in the present generally leads to unspoken feelings of resentment on one or both sides of the relationship. This feeling of quiet resentment often leads people to feel that they no longer love their partners. It is therefore crucial that you develop the necessary skills to resolve conflicts in a timely fashion if you want your relationship to remain healthy and fulfilling. Couples therapy Sydney.
HOW TO COPE WITH INFIDELITY
When it comes to intimate relationships, few things are more painful and devastating than infidelity. It destroys the sense of trust and mutual respect that holds the relationship together.
If you’re currently dealing with such an issue in your own relationship, our therapists can help you work through all the intense emotions you’re feeling and guide you through the process of healing and restoring your relationship to a state that’s potentially even stronger than before. Relationship counselling Sydney and marriage counselling Sydney.