RELATIONSHIP & MARRIAGE COUNSELLING SUNSHINE COAST
Expert Marriage & Relationship Counselling Sunshine Coast
We are Sunshine Coast’s leading couples counselling specialists
We know you have come to us in what must be an extremely difficult time. Who looks for relationship and marriage counselling unless their relationship is in turmoil? We’re truly sorry you have had to experience such distress, but be reassured, there is light at the end of the tunnel.
Our relationship with our partner is often the base of our whole life.
When it’s humming along nicely, our life is in harmony. But when it’s not, there can be discord in our world. It affects our children, finances, home life, work, health and even our sleep. We help with Relationship Counselling Sunshine Coast.
We’ve spent the past 20+ years helping over 18,000 couples rediscover their happiness together after having lost their way, through effective relationship counselling.
We are here to help identify the underlying causes of your relationship problems and then assist you to regain the loving commitment and support of your relationship.
Very few of us have been taught how to grow and nurture a great relationship. Most of us are doing the best we can, without understanding what needs to be done, so it’s understandable that relationship and marriage problems can sometimes appear without apparent warning.
Benefits of The Hart Centre
We pride ourselves on providing effective counselling to couples in crisis, and have been a leading psychology group for over 20 years. We genuinely care about our clients, and are committed to continually improving.
If you’re looking for marriage counselling in Sunshine Coast, we offer the following benefits:
- Sunshine Coast’s leading marriage & relationship psychologists and sex therapists
- Quick and confidential booking process – book with one call
- Professional psychologists, counsellors and sex therapists with an average of 15+ years experience
- Our 100% Satisfaction Guarantee – rare in the counselling industry
- Specialists in marriage counselling, relationship counselling and sex therapy – not generalists
- Ongoing Hart training and development by world-class relationship experts
- Appointments available during business hours, after hours and weekends
- Rebates often available through private health
- 93% satisfaction rating from clients
If you’d like to read more about us, The Hart Centre has also been featured as Relationship Experts in ABC radio, Domain.com.au, Body and Soul, News.com.au, SelfGrowth.com, Australian Women’s Weekly, Essential Kids, Kidspot, The Courier Mail and more.
7 relationship warning signs
- You find yourselves constantly having the same arguments
- You find it difficult or scary to talk to your partner about your feelings
- You don’t talk as much as you used to, time together that used to be spent talking and laughing is now mostly spent in silence
- You spend less and less intimate time together
- You find yourself being drawn to people outside of your relationship
- You increasingly prioritize the kids over your partner
- Your sex life has all but vanished. Spontaneity and passion seem to be things of the past
Our Marriage Counselling can help when:
- The two of you no long feel connected or close
- There is cheating, affairs or infidelity
- One of you has more power, or say than the other
- You are in a controlling and abusive relationship
- The two of you struggle to communicate or listen effectively
- You feel that you are not loved by your partner
- You feel taken for granted by your partner
- You have your own problems from your childhood
- You have issues and difficulties with parenting your children
- You struggle to control your anger in a manageable way
- You have sexual and intimacy issues or relationship counselling
- You or your partner are addicted to porn
- You stuggle with how to integrate your step children and in-laws
- The two of you want to check on your relationship before you get married
- You need to learn how to deal with someone who has many Narcissistic tendencies
The Hart approach to relationship counselling
The thought of seeing a relationship psychologist for the first time, can be a little scary. It’s natural to be nervous about what the psychologist might recommend. However, we pride ourselves in taking a very positive approach to our couples counselling.
We start with talking with you as individuals to understand your different perspectives, and the dynamics underlying your problems. We then work with you to create a positive action plan. This helps you to feel confident that you are making real progress. Rome wasn’t built in a day, and you will need more than one or two sessions, but you should see progress each session.
Read more about our approach to counselling in our relationship counselling sessions.
Some of our clinics also provide after hours and Saturday sessions for your convenience.
What is our relationship counselling success rate?
While every couple’s situation is different, 93% of our client feedback is that that our clients found counselling with our psychologists to be beneficial to their relationship. Relationship Counselling Sunshine Coast
We know that most couples want to find out the causes of their particular relationship problems, resolve them quickly, and then move onto bigger and better things. So that is what we focus on. Relationship Counselling Sunshine Coast
Our expert psychologist will guide you to a deeper understanding of your unique relationship difficulties. They will then provide options and actions to help you become “unstuck” and move toward your relationship potential.
How do I choose the best therapist to help?
Your choice of relationship therapist is important. It can help to keep in mind that relationship, marriage and couples counselling is a very specialised field.
At The Hart Centre Sunshine Coast, we ensure that all of our specialist relationship therapists take part in our initial training. We also provide annual in-house conferences, with relationship and marriage experts from around the world.
For you to get the best results from counselling, there are two factors. Firstly, the therapist needs to be experienced and knowledgeable in the field of relationships; and secondly, a good ‘therapeutic relationship’ should be developed between you and the psychologist. This simply means that you and your partner feel supported and understood by the therapist, and that you trust them.
To help you feel comfortable with the psychologist or counsellor you will be seeing, we provide a profile of each one on our website, with an overview of experience and qualifications. This helps you to get to know a little about them even before you book an appointment.
How to book an appointment
Cost: $120-$275. Private Health Insurance Rebates apply, and Medicare Rebates may apply.
THE MOST COMMON RELATIONSHIP PROBLEMS
Does it feel like your partner doesn’t listen to you?
Almost every couple who comes in to see us, feels that their partner doesn’t listen to them. And almost universally, then you do not want to listen to them either. So you are left with a lose-lose situation of mutual withholding where neither of your are getting what you want from the relationship. Couples therapy sunshine coast.
Being able to speak and have your partner listen and respond empathically is essential to a good relationship. We can show you how to overcome this stuck pattern so you are back on track and into a win-win cycle again.
Unresolved conflict leads to a loss of love
Some conflict does occur in every relationship, because there are always two different people. However, it is important to resolve the conflict that comes up in a reasonable time, and not let it simmer away for years.
Unresolved conflicts lead to hidden resentments (hidden or overt). These can be a major cause of a loss of love between you..
Perhaps you’ve been neglecting your relationship?
Our lives are busy, and with all of our day-to-day commitments it’s easy to forget that our relationship is a living breathing thing that needs ongoing nurturing. We need to spend time and energy being together and fully engaging and having fun with each other.
If you have unwittingly allowed your relationship to go the wrong way, we can help to get your relationship back on track.
An affair or betrayal can be devastating
When one partner chooses to look outside their relationship and develop another connection with someone, this causes a huge amount of pain for the partner whose agreement of monogamy has been betrayed.
It is an extremely difficult time, but with the help of a skilled psychologist, you can work through the issues involved and gradually, over time, grow into a better relationship than you had before.