RELATIONSHIP & MARRIAGE COUNSELLING GOLD COAST
Expert Relationship Counselling Gold Coast
We are Gold Coast’s leading couples counselling specialists
We know you have found us at what must be an extremely difficult time. No-one looks for relationship counselling unless their relationship is in turmoil.
Our relationship with our partner often underpins our whole life.
Most of us try initially to solve our problems ourselves, but often, because we are IN our relationship, it’s not easy to take a bird’s eye view and see the whole picture; the dance that we have inadvertently got ourselves into.
That’s where we can help. We can help you quickly get to the core of your issues, and get started on a resolution that will ultimately lead you back to feeling in love again.
Whether there’s been a critical incident in your relationship or your discontent has grown overtime, we can help.
We’ve spent the last 20+ years helping over 18,000 couples rediscover their happiness together after having lost their way, through effective relationship counselling.
Most relationship issues can be reasonably resolved when you know how, but insight and guidance is very important.
Benefits of The Hart Centre
We pride ourselves on providing effective counselling to couples in crisis, and have been a leading psychology group for over 18+ years. We genuinely care about our clients, and are committed to continually improving.
If you’re looking for marriage counselling in Gold Coast, we offer the following benefits:
- Gold Coast’s leading marriage & relationship psychologists and sex therapists
- 8 convenient locations across the greater Gold Coast area
- Quick and confidential booking process – book with one call
- Professional therapists and sex therapists with an average of 15+ years experience
- Our 100% Satisfaction Guarantee – rare in the counselling industry
- Specialists in marriage counselling, relationship counselling and sex therapy – not generalists
- Ongoing Hart training and development by world-class relationship experts
- Appointments available during business hours, after hours and weekends
- Rebates often available through private health
- 93% satisfaction rating from clients
If you’d like to read more about us, The Hart Centre has also been featured as Relationship Experts in ABC radio, Domain.com.au, Body and Soul, News.com.au, SelfGrowth.com, Australian Women’s Weekly, Essential Kids, Kidspot, The Courier Mail and more.
7 relationship warning signs
- You find yourselves constantly having the same arguments
- You find it difficult or scary to talk to your partner about your feelings
- You don’t talk as much as you used to, time together that used to be spent talking and laughing is now mostly spent in silence
- You spend less and less intimate time together
- You find yourself being drawn to people outside of your relationship
- You increasingly prioritize the kids over your partner
- Your sex life has all but vanished. Spontaneity and passion seem to be things of the past
Our Marriage Counselling can help when:
- You no longer feeling connected or close together
- There is cheating, affairs and infidelity (including online affairs)
- When one of you has more power, or say than the other
- You are in a controlling or abusive relationship
- You have problems with communication and listening effectively
- You feel unloved by your partner relationship counselling Gold Coast
- You feel taken for granted by your partner
- You have problems from your childhood
- There are conflict and difficulties with parenting your children
- You struggle to handle your anger in a manageable way
- You have sexual and intimacy issues and marriage counselling
- You or your partner are addicted to porn
- It is hard to integrate your step children and in-laws
- You want to check on your relationship before you get married
- You need to handle someone who has many Narcissistic tendencies
Our unique approach to couples counselling
It can be daunting to make the decision to see a relationship psychologist for the first time, and it’s quite common to be a bit anxious about what the psychologist might recommend. We pride ourselves in taking a very positive approach to our couples counselling.
We begin the process by talking with you as individuals to gain an understanding of each of your points of view. Then we help you understand the relationship dynamics underlying your problems. The next step is to work with you to create a positive action plan, so that you can feel confident that you are making real progress. Rome wasn’t built in a day, and you will need more than one or two sessions, but you should see progress each session.
Read more about our approach to counselling in our relationship counselling sessions.
Some of our clinics also provide after hours and Saturday sessions for your convenience.
What is our marriage counselling success rate?
Every couple is in a slightly different situation, but the feedback we have received is that 93% of our clients have found counselling with our psychologists to be beneficial to their relationship. Relationship Counselling Gold Coast
We know that most couples want to find out the cause of their particular relationship problems, resolve them quickly, and then move onto bigger and better things, so that is what we focus on.
With the skilled guidance of our expert psychologists, you will develop a deeper understanding of your unique relationship difficulties. You will then have options and actions to help you become “unstuck” and move toward your full relationship potential.
How do I choose the best therapist to help?
It can be difficult to choose the right relationship counsellor for you, but it is an important first step. It can help to keep in mind that relationship, marriage and couples counselling is a very specialised field of psychology.
At The Hart Centre, we ensure that all of our specialist relationship therapists are provided with our Initial training. We also have annual In-House conferences, featuring renowned relationship and marriage experts from around the world.
There are two important factors to enable you to get the best possible results from counselling. Firstly, the psychologist must be experienced and knowledgeable in relationship counselling; and secondly, a good ‘therapeutic relationship’ should be developed. This simply means that you and your partner feel supported and understood by the psychologist, and that you trust them.
Before you book an appointment, you may like to view the profiles of the therapists in your area. In each profile we include overviews of experience and qualifications, so you can feel comfortable with the skills of the therapist.
How to book an appointment
Cost: Ranging from $120 – $275. Private Health Insurance Rebates apply, and Medicare Rebates may apply.
THE MOST COMMON RELATIONSHIP PROBLEMS
Does it feel like your partner doesn’t listen to you?
Almost every couple who comes in to see us, feels that their partner doesn’t listen to them. And almost universally, then you do not want to listen to them either. So you are left with a lose-lose situation of mutual withholding where neither of your are getting what you want from the relationship.
Being able to speak and have your partner listen and respond empathically is essential to a good relationship. We can show you how to overcome this stuck pattern so you are back on track and into a win-win cycle again.
Unresolved conflict leads to a loss of love
Every couple has conflict because we are 2 different people, but it is important to be able to resolve the conflict that comes up in a reasonable time, and not let it go on, and simmer away for years. Relationship Counselling Brisbane psychologists.
Doing this leads to hidden resentments, which is the primary cause of a loss of love between you over time.
Perhaps you’ve been neglecting your relationship?
Its so easy to get busy with your life and all the other commitments you have and forget that your relationship is a living breathing thing that needs ongoing nurturing, in the way of time and energy in being together and fully engaging and having fun with each other.
If you have unwittingly allowed your relationship to go this way, we can help to get your relationship back on track.
An affair or betrayal can be devastating
When one partner chooses to look outside their relationship and develop another connection with someone, this causes a huge amount of pain for the partner whose agreement of monogamy has been betrayed.
It is an extremely difficult time, but with the help of a skilled psychologist, you can work through the issues involved and gradually, over time, grow into a better relationship than you had before.